Title: Design Engineer/ 3D Scanning Metrology Engineer (Full-Time)
Location: Huntsville, AL
Send Resumes to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Duties may include but are not limited to)
- Use 3D CAD software to develop detailed solid models and drawings of components and assemblies
- Develop documentation of designs via formal procedures and reports
- Prepare and present designs for customer
- Provide design engineering support to internal and external customers
- Provide technical leadership on designs and projects
- Some travel required
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years with detailed design utilizing solid modeling software, experience in 3D scanning a plus
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions
- Work independently and self-directed; or participate as a team member in defined phases of broader engineering assignments
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Customer Service Oriented, with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Represents the organization in a professional and effective manor to various associations, customers, vendors and the general public
- Produces work in high quality and quantity
- Exercises sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
Preferred Requirements :
- MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is a plus but not required.
- Solidworks experience is preferred.
- Pro/E, Geomagic, Rapid Form software experience.
- Related aerospace industry experience preferred
- 3D Scanning or experience with cameras, lenses, and optics a plus
ShapeFidelity, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Successful applicants may be required to undergo a drug test/physical and background check.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.